The Postchèque card
Your essential daily companion
The Postchèque card is THE payment and withdrawal card of your POST current account, because it is accepted in Luxembourg and all across Europe.
Using the Postchèque card you can:
- make payments in Luxembourg and Europe in all shops displaying the VPAY logo
- withdraw money for free at more than 100 POST and Raiffeisen cash machines
- withdraw money - for a very competitive fee - at more than 365,000 cash machines across Europe
- enjoy an automatic credit line on your account
Your card's pin number can be altered at POST cash machines.
You can request a Postchèque card from any post office.
The following credit limits apply to the Postchèque card:
|Withdrawals from a cash machine||
€1500 per week
|Payments in shops||
€1500 per week
To avoid becoming the victim of fraud, please take the following precautions:
- do not keep your pin number on your card or in your wallet/handbag...
- never give your pin number to other people - your pin number is strictly personal
- shield your pin number from prying eyes when you using it in shops or to withdraw money
If your Postchèque card gets lost or stolen or your pin number is disclosed, contact +352 49 10 10 (24hrs) immediately to block your card. You will not be held responsible for any transactions carried out after the card was blocked.
Pay for your daily purchases with your contactless card.
No PIN code to enter: place your card next to the terminal and the payment goes through!
You keep the same card: it’s the way you pay that changes!
No more cash falling out of your wallet and getting lost! Pay for your everyday purchases with your contactless debit card. It’s just as secure but much more convenient.
Pay in no time! There’s no need to search for change or insert your card and enter your PIN code for small amounts.
Simply approach the payment terminal with the tip of your card and you’re done!
Is there a payment limit?
In Luxembourg, you can use your contactless debit card irrespective of the amount.
- of less than 25 EUR, no PIN code is required.
- of more than 25 EUR, you are asked for your usual PIN code.
These limits vary by country. Ask your retailer.
As part of security checks, you may occasionally be asked to enter your PIN code. For your first payment with your card, you will be required to insert it into the terminal to activate the contactless feature.