Basic payment account
One package for all your routine operations: current account, debit card, prepaid card and access to eBanking.
The “basic payment account” package comprises:
- a simple, fast POST current account with no management fees
- a My Cash card you can use to make payments and withdraw cash in Luxembourg and elsewhere in Europe
- a prepaid Easy VISA card you can use to make payments online and in any shop that accepts VISA
- access to eboo (the POST eBanking service)
The basic payment account allows you to make payments, pay in funds, withdraw cash and much more.
Who can open a basic payment account?
Under the Law of 13 June 2017 regarding payment accounts, this package is available to natural persons who are acting in a non-professional capacity and have their legal residence in a European Union member state. Customers cannot hold another basic payment account with another bank in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
What are the benefits of a basic payment account?
- No account management fees
- Free transfers via eboo eBanking
- Free direct debits
- Free withdrawals at POST and Raiffeisen ATMs
How to open a basic payment account?
Applications for the “basic payment account” package may be submitted to branch staff at POST points of sale.
When you apply, you will need to bring:
- A valid identity document
- Recent proof of address (under three months old)
- A sworn statement declaring that you do not hold another payment account with a Luxembourg bank