POST current account
A simple, fast bank account with no account management fees.
Why open a POST current account?
Use your current account for all your routine banking operations.
Link your account to one or more bank cards for payment solutions tailored to your needs.
Free of charge
It’s free to open a current account and there are no management fees to pay.
Benefit from free POST banking services
- Account opening and management
- Payment by debit and credit card
- Fortnightly and monthly statements
- Cash withdrawals at over 100 POST and Raiffeisen ATMs
- Transfers, standing orders and direct debits: payment orders are executed on the day they are received
- Access to eboo (the POST eBanking service) and Digicash
Manage your current account online with eboo
With eboo, managing your account online is simple and intuitive:
- Access your accounts and spending in a flash, wherever and whenever you want
- Contact POST Finance with ease thanks to eboo secure messaging
- Manage your account securely with your LuxTrust device, a secret code or even Face ID or Touch ID.
What you’ll need to open a current account
Go to the POST office of your choice. When you open your current account, your request must include:
- A Holder’s valid identity document*
- A proof of residence of less than 3 months
- The Tax Identification Number (TIN)
In general, the customers who can be accepted by POST Finance are people:
- Who are identified according to POST Finance procedures and
- Who have a significant link with Luxembourg and/or the Greater Region (verifiable by POST Finance) by their establishment or by a sustainable source of income with which there is an active long-term financial relationship
*For Customers with EU Nationality: National identity card or official Passport issued by a member country of the Union or assimilated (Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, Switzerland). For Customers of foreign nationality (outside EU or assimilated): Passport issued by an official authority of the country of origin or residence / stay card in Luxembourg or receipt for acceptance of refugee status issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
What is a basic payment account?
The “basic payment account” package comprises a POST current account, a My Cash card, a prepaid VISA card and access to eboo...