Visa Gold - Having privileges is no longer a privilege
The Visa Gold card was created to make your life easier! Take advantage of a range of benefits, convenient insurances and extremely competitive rates.
- increased withdrawal and credit limits (€5,000 by default – the credit limit can be modified based on your needs)
- convenient travel insurancesconvenient travel insurances
- fully reliable insurance in case of problems when travelling
- purchase protection
- death and disability cover
- a range of insurances which allow you to go about your daily life with peace of mind and spend more time doing the things that matter to you
- possibility of revolving credit
The following credit limits apply to the Visa Gold card:
|Withdrawal from a POST cash machine (immediate debit from the current account||€750 per week1|
|Withdrawal from cash machines worldwide (deferred debit)||€1500 € /per day2|
|Payments in shops||€5000 € /per month3|
1 If you choose the ‘current account' option when withdrawing money from a POST cash machine, the amount will be debited directly from your post current account.
2 If you choose the ‘current account' option when withdrawing money from a POST cash machine, the amount will be debited directly from your post current account.
3 Based on the monthly credit limit agreed between you and POST Luxembourg (standard: € 5000). This limit may be temporarily or permanently modified according to your needs and wishes. Contact us if you need to!
3D Secure, the safe online payment service (vidéo 3D Secure)
3D Secure is an online security service for online credit card payments used by websites displaying the following logos:
3D Secure is evolving in Luxembourg. Using a personal password to validate your internet payments is a thing of the past. From now on, a one-time code will be issued for each one of your transactions. You will receive this code on your LuxTrust Token or by SMS. This ensures that only you as the legitimate card owner can validate the payment.
In order to make online purchases on websites that use the 3D Secure service, you must activate 3D Secure for each one of your cards beforehand.
Visit www.3dsecure.lu as of now to activate your credit cards.
Pay for your daily purchases with your contactless card.
No PIN code to enter: place your card next to the terminal and the payment goes through! You keep the same card: it’s the way you pay that changes!
No more cash falling out of your wallet and getting lost! Pay for your everyday purchases with your contactless credit card. It’s just as secure but much more convenient.
Pay in no time! There’s no need to search for change or insert your card and enter your PIN code for small amounts.
Simply approach the payment terminal with the tip of your card and you’re done!
Is there a payment limit?
In Luxembourg, you can use your contactless credit card irrespective of the amount.
- of less than 25 EUR, no PIN code is required.
- of more than 25 EUR, you are asked for your usual PIN code.
These limits vary by country. Ask your retailer.
As part of security checks, you may occasionally be asked to enter your PIN code. For your first payment with your card, you will be required to insert it into the terminal to activate the contactless feature.
In case of a claim
- For assistance to persons and vehicles who are travelling and for concierge services: +32 2 541 90 91 (24/7)
- For online purchase protection, travel, death, disability and peace of mind cover: +352 46 96 01 222 (from Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. – 5.30 p.m.)
For further details, please see: Product sales agreement
To avoid becoming a victim of fraud, please take the following precautions:
- do not keep your pin number on your card or in your wallet/handbag...
- never give your pin number to other people - your pin number is strictly personal
- shield your pin number from prying eyes when using it in shops or to withdraw money
If your Visa card gets lost or stolen or your pin number is disclosed, contact +352 49 10 10 (24hrs) immediately to block your card. You will not be held responsible for any transactions carried out after the card was blocked.
The following table shows the payment dates for your Visa card. The payment will be automatically debited from your post current account on the date shown.
|Month||Statement date||Date debited from account|