IOT - The Internet of Things
Customised solutions for making your company’s everyday life easier
What is the IoT?
The Internet of Things (IoT) is a network created by so-called “smart” devices which collect and exchange information between themselves and with us, via the internet. Real-time access to the data collected by these objects means that areas for improvement can be effectively identified, creating value and reducing costs...
Whatever your area of activity, POST is there to help you design and implement your IoT projects with complete peace of mind. Turnkey solutions, tailored to your needs to improve productivity and enhance your business!
Discover our IoT solutions :
Your company has everything to gain!
Optimise the use of your spaces
Space Management is the solution for managing your workspaces and parking spaces which allows you to analyse and optimise their use in real time. Space Management offers you the option of managing your entire infrastructure and adapting the available spaces, as and when required.
For your offices, POST’s solution offers you the essential monitoring tools for analysing their use in real time and thus avoiding costly vacancies. Space occupancy is measured through occupancy and counting sensors, which are adapted to each type of space: workstations, meeting rooms, open space etc...
The advantages of this solution:
- Optimisation of spaces through real-time knowledge of their occupancy
- Improvement of your employees’ experience
- Reduction of underused space and associated property costs
- Bespoke solution through sensors tailored to each type of space
- Option of reserving meeting rooms via the application
With POST’s Smart Parking solution, you can effectively manage your parking requirements and maximise the holding capacity of your parking spaces. You have all the tools for optimising the occupancy rate and can propose a booking system for facilitating the arrival of your employees or visitors.
The advantages of this solution:
- Maximising the holding capacity of your parking spaces
- Quicker and clearer access to available parking spaces
- Speeding up of the turnover rate
- Monitoring of parking time in real time and analysis of visitor numbers
- Option of reserving parking spaces via a mobile application
- Defining of permitted parking zones by user profiles
Smart Business is a people-counting solution, using stereoscopic sensors to gain better knowledge of total footfall in shops, buildings, branches, showrooms, museums, etc. This solution provides presence and movement indicators indoors and outdoors in specific areas, both in real-time and through charts or even heatmaps to identify areas of high or low usage within a site.
- Assessment of busy and quiet periods to optimise opening hours
- Optimal deployment of staff on each site, adjusted for visitor numbers
- Calculation of the number of individuals present on a given site
- Notification if a site with occupancy limits is too busy
- Specific recognition possible (gender, mask-wearing, staff member, etc.)
People Flow is the solution for counting people connected to POST’s cellular network and the study of associated flows, for a better knowledge of your sites’ visitor numbers.
People Flow allows you to evaluate a site’s overall visitor numbers, to identify times of large visitor numbers, to analyse the origin and movements of people. Indeed, this solution offers mobility indicators relating to the presence and movements on a particular territory.
This solution enables the anonymised and aggregated counting of people by cellular radiation. The objective is to count in real time the number of GSMs connected to each antenna in order to extrapolate the number of people present in a specific geographical area at different times of the day.
This solution enables the counting of point-to-point GSM flows with route recognition on POST’s mobile network. It then determines what the flow of pedestrians and vehicles is on a geographically defined route.
Why use people counting in your profession?
Agencies, banks and shops:
- Evaluating peak visitor numbers and off-peak periods to optimise opening times
- Understanding visitor numbers and times of visit per day, week or month
- Optimally using the personnel on each site, with a presence that is adapted to visitor
- Understanding “hotspots” to optimise the installation of new sites
- Understanding the impact of a mobile agency or event in terms of visitor numbers
- Controlling its catchment areas to optimise its business strategy
Towns/cities and communes, the police and emergency services:
- Understanding foreseen and even unforeseen traffic, flows and congestion points
- Understanding movement flows to better optimise them
- Better managing its signage based on the crossing points
Tourism, the transport network, event organisers:
- Understanding an area’s tourism visitor numbers
- Understanding visitor movements at the time of events to improve service
- Retrospectively understanding the number of people present at a site in order to better understand the impact of an event
Tracking your assets quickly
Asset Tracking is the solution for managing your assets which allows you to save time when searching for devices and to be alerted in case of unauthorised movements (geofencing). Using geolocation data, you can easily track your lost or stolen assets. Furthermore, POST helps you to accurately monitor your stock levels and to facilitate the inventory of these devices.
Simply attach the sensor to your equipment in order to always know where it is located, both indoors and outdoors. You will no longer waste time looking; Asset Tracking does it for you.
The advantages of this solution:
- Real-time knowledge of where your devices are located
- Time saving and reduction of costs incurred from searching for equipment
- Setting up alerts in case of exiting or entering predefined zones
- Theft prevention
- Bespoke solution that uses sensors tailored to each device and each space
- Automated management of your inventories
The Facility Tools solution is a set of autonomous measuring and monitoring tools for better managing your environment: temperature, CO2, humidity, door opening, dry contacts or even pulse meters… Real-time access to data collected by devices allows you to identify areas for improvement and reduce costs in your company. Facility Tools offers you a real monitoring solution for improving the comfort of your environment.
Monitoring the air quality in your spaces
The Internet of Things (IoT) allows you to collect information about the air quality in your premises, using easily deployable sensors.
Through implementing IoT solutions, POST offers you all the necessary tools for:
- Measuring the air quality
- Monitoring the temperature, level of humidity and CO2
- Being alerted in case of abnormal values
- Ensuring compliance with the cold chain
Transmitting the information of your dry contacts
The opening of doors, windows or shutters, paper towel dispensers… Connect dry contacts to POST’s transmitters in order to view your data on a personalised dashboard.
Configure your alert sensors and thresholds via our platform for:
- Improving the monitoring of your remote sites
- Identifying the origins of your overconsumption
- Controlling your energy costs
- Being alerted in case of restocking requirement
Why choose POST to support you with your IoT project?
A DEDICATED PLATFORM
POST has selected the Cumulocity IoT platform from Software AG in order to offer a comprehensive range of IoT services.
The Cumulocity IoT platform collects the data sent by the various installed sensors.
The sensors send the data via any type of network (mobile phone, Sigfox, LoRaWan, wired, etc.), the data are collected, analysed and formatted by the platform. The user just has to log onto the platform to access the data in the form of a dashboard or web interface. Via APIs, the data can also be used by third-party systems to offer enhanced applications.
The Cumulocity IoT platform can also be used to control sensors remotely: check that they are functioning correctly (battery level), modify settings such as the frequency of data reporting or the level at which an alert is generated.
All of the data are encrypted and secure. A comprehensive user and user group management policy, with defined access to the data, as well as the sensors and devices, is incorporated into the platform.
IoT Event 2020
Rewatch the entire video or only parts of the video by selecting the chapter you are interested in.
Situation, needs and forecasts in the workplace: 00:00 - 12:00
Smart Parking solution with Onesitu: 12:01 - 24:21
Workplace Management solution with Condeco: 24:22 - 34:39
Space Experience with CSM: 34:40 - 46:49
Round table: Reimagining the workplace: 46:50 - 1:29:59